Happiness is inside all of us, sometimes you just need someone to find it – Anonymous
In today’s age, even though we are living in one of the best economies, tech-savvy world that has to ease our way of living still we are not happy since we have slowly developed such habits which are not good for us, unhealthy eating habits, no exercise, lot of time on phone to name a few and hence we don’t have time for ourself (the “me-time”), don’t have time to talk to strangers and neither have time for acts of kindness. But changing these habits is not tough, it just needs some practice.
To make you a Happier version of yourself, I have developed an Acronym as “I AM HAPPIER” which defines 10 keys to happiness.
Let’s look at each of that in detail
- I – I mean I. This I is very critical because if we are not happy how can we make others happy so it’s very important to focus on self, spend some time with yourself and love yourself (Self-Compassion)
- A – Appreciate (Gratitude). Our Deepest craving is to be appreciated. We seek a lot of Appreciation but never Appreciate others. A lot of our Unhappiness will fade if we shift from cribbing about what we don’t have to Appreciate and feel Gratitude about what we possess.
- M – Mindfulness (Be Present). Our Lifestyle has forced us to live either in the past or in the Future thus destroying our Present. We carry our Home to Work and bring Work to Home. Thus enjoying neither of the lives. Mindfulness thus let us live in Present
- H – Ha Ha Ha. Science has proved that Laughing for 2 mins is better than 10 minutes of rigorous exercise, therefore it’s very Critical to laugh out Loud to make our Positive emotions flow throughout the body.
- A – Amor Fati. It’s a Latin word which means what has happened, has happened for Good. Therefore it’s very important to understand why a few Bad things happened to me and what Good they have done to me.
- P – Passion (the Meaning of Life). We are just living our life for the sake of living, unknown of the fact what’s the true meaning (or Passion) of us that we should spend some considerable time on.
- P – Presents (Give Gifts). One major Key to Happiness is to give. Though we can give lots of things to people who need them more than us like Donation, our used clothes, unwanted food, but the best and free gift that we can give is Smile.
- I – Intensity of Emotions. On day to day basis, we control our emotions and try to be what we have to be rather than what we are. Therefore, these controlled Negative emotions start dominating our Positive emotions.
- E – Exercise. Exercise of every kind, physical, mental and emotional is important as it pumps the blood easily to our Brain and thus makes us more Creative
- R – Relations. Studies have proved that one biggest factor of Happiness is a Healthy relation but in this age of Social networking, we are slowly compromising on Health relations.
I can talk endlessly on all these 10 points and other Principles of happiness which are worked up by Tal Ben-Shahar (Harvard professor and author of the book – Happier), Shawn Achor (Happiness Coach and Author of the book – Happiness Advantage).
Given a chance I can ask Audience to get involved in may small Activities that will increase their happiness level.